Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 27 Journal 13/14 weeks: A peek into how I deal with morning sicknes at work.

WARNING: 35% of this post will be about my bowel movements in pregnancy. If you are weak at heart, skip it.

Today, the weather is beautiful. It's 9:30AM. Sunny, bright, clear skies....slight breeze, mild heat, and even a fluffy white cloud or two. This is the rare day in Taipei where we are not slammed in humidity but it's not overcast and the sky is ALMOST a nice shade of blue. These are the days, when I am reminded of beautiful Cali weather. Oh, the weather and skies in California...How I miss them so at times. I digress. But here I am, sitting at the office, in my cubicle, with the window opened...and feeling like POOH - CRAP. New word.

I don't know why... but right now, I feel nauseous, tight, uncomfortable... like I am going through hot flashes. Is this what menopause is like? Oh wait, this is Pregnancy. But I am fanning myself with an old xmas card..and pushing everything on my desk away from me, like a flattened radius of a detonated bomb. My chinese breakfast do jiang (soy milk) doesn't taste right, and after taking a bite of dan bing (fried egg with chinese tortilla), I wanted to gag. I think I'm going to move them to another cubicle..the oily smell is causing my stomach to turn. I am still fanning myself. Granted, it's a warm day outside, but usually inside the office, the temp is regulated. However, I just feel really off balance. My jeans are tight. dangit..why did I wear my normal jeans today?? I should have stuck to tights.

Trying to figure out what's up. I woke up this morning feel fine - tired as usual, from getting up about 3x to pee, but that is getting to be a very normal routine. I can't remember the last time I slept with a full night's sleep. I really miss those days. :)

This morning, did the usual routine, except I didn't have time for my morning go in the bathroom (number 2) before leaving the house. Just didn't feel any bowel movement yet, but I knew it was coming sooner or later. :) Made the delicious breakfast shake - 3 kiwis, banana, cranberries, blueberries, cranberry juice, 1 scoop of flax seed powder  and 2 scoops of wheat grass powder. Took the prenatal vitamines, grabbed my bag & keys, and out the door to drive to work. Halfway downstairs, I realized I had to go. I felt the movement! But I didn't have enough time, so I thought I would just go at the office.

One of the things I've been experiencing this year, exacerbated by pregnancy, is the URGENT need to pee or poop at a certain moment. It's crazy. I feel like a child again. I can NOT hold my bladder anymore. If I have to go, I HAVE TO GO. I have probably a 5-7 minute window before it becomes painfully necessary. I cannot hold it in, like old times...where I could almost hold it in for half a day! I have had a few serious moments where I thought I wouldnt make it to the bathroom. Remember the Taipei Expressway Race? I couldn't find parking by the riverside so drove home as fast as I could - and ran inside McDonalds for my morning go. At the Fulong LAVA 51.5 Tri this past weekend, right when we arrived, my bowels decided to move, and I also had about 5 minutes to find a bathroom before everything started hurting - BAD. I really hope Jens doesn't think I'm crazy - or at least has some understanding that I, no longer have control over my bowels. My bowels have udder control over me. Har har.

So, back to current reality. Once at the office, I go to the bathroom. Relief! I come back and realize, that my stomach feels emtpy. REALLY emtpy, like a hollow gaping black hole. I've gotten that feeling quite often, after the morning go. It feels good to get rid of everything piled up from the day before, but usually that empty feeling leaves me a bit light headed. I just have to drink some juice or eat something to get my stomach to feel better. So I thought my morning fruit shake would do the job. But not really. Then I thought the soy milk would. Nopes. Then tried a bite of the dan bing..and practically spit it out. UGHHHH. too oily. I still feel empty and lightheaded...but I have no plain bread.around me. Darn it! So here I am, sitting at my desk and trying to devise ways of feeling more at ease. I sip on my hot water.

A thought comes to my mind: My jeans are too tight! I had picked out my "loose" Citizens this AM, which have now become overtly tight. It's not totally uncomfortable, but it's not like wearing PJs either. Ughh...the tummy isn't happy..I need to do something ASAP. I look around..and decide, what the heck. I am in my own corner of the office, no one can see past my head. I'm going to take my pants off! I have a towel from the gym, which I will just cover myself from waist down, and I'll sit really closely to the desk. NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!! So here I am. I cannot I believe I just did this...and I can't believe I'm recording it down. Well, pregnancy makes you do weird things, right?? At least - I'm feeling a bit better, because there is nothing tight and restricting around my waist, thighs and butt. Definitely getting air down there. My jeans are rolled down at my ankles. I don't think I'm going to take them off completely, in case I need to quickly pull them up. But for now...AHHHHH. I'm actually feeling better because I feel like my whole body is getting cooled down. The stomach is still questionable..headache on the horizon...and now I'm asking myself.... Should I sneak out of work and drive home? At least my legs are pant-free.

I am still fanning myself.

** At 13/14 weeks, I thought I should be OVER this morning sickness crap. But I guess not. Found this blog entry and I feel kinda better. Not at her misery but at least I know I'm not alone..
fanning myself with a pink xmas card
took off my jeans at work, under the cubicle. that's a first!
my cubicle desk. pushed everything far away from me, so I wouldn't have to smell anything
this morning, driving to work with my fresh fruit smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment