Yesterday, I ate like a pig. Not in an oink, oink I pigged out sense. More like, I ate all the JUNK that was put in front of me. Pigs just eat the junk that is dumped in front of them. So I oinked the most disgusting meal I've had in awhile. Talk about feeling horrible afterwards (especially since I obviously lost control of my self-control!). My temporary pig-existance included: 3 fruit popsicles, 1 ENTIRE large bag of Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips, 2 carnitas enchiladas slothered in sour cream, an ENTIRE JAR OF OLIVES. Yep, that is all I ate yesterday. No fruits or veggies. What about my usual smoothie? I think I drank 1/3 of it, and left the rest to rot under the sun.
SIGH. Blame it on the pregnancy? Perhaps. But that is still no excuse to treat my body and baby to unecessary fat, cholesterol and sodium content. I should know better.
And, did I workout after that? Nope. Spent 4 hours laying on the couch watching Friends reruns and some bridal reality show. Dangit, I blame my addiction to wedding gown fascination.
So, in order to make up for being a JUNK and SLOTH, I knew I had to get in a GOOD workout today.
My Workout Log:
Treadmill Run: 6.5k @ 6:30 min/km (9kph) in 45min, 7k total ~ 50min.
Swim: 1k free, 300m breast ~ 25min.
Notes: I had my water bottle with me, and took regular sips throughout the run. Felt pretty strong until the 5k mark, then walked for 2 min, and finished at 6.5k, cool down 500m. I felt a slight ache in my stomach after the run, so I walked around the gym to feel it out, until I realized it was gas stuck in my belly, probalby from breathing so hard. I burped a few times, and felt better afterwards. The swim was a fast 1k, holding a fast arm changeover with less kicking since I wanted to focus on upper body toning. Then cooled down w breastroke. I took a long hot shower to relax the muscles afterwards.
While I was running, I talked to baby: "We're doing a treadmill run in the gym today. Sorry for all the weird smells around me. Just relax and enjoy the run. Mommy's going to be breathing hard, but it's ok. Be good, don't worry, it's just exercise. Haha."
Food:
Breakfast: Ate leftover chicken enchiladas (yes that is correct. I am on a mexican roll right now) + grapefruit.
Lunch: steamed veggies, 1 egg, 2 braised tofu and 2 lg pc of boiled seaweed.
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Cob Salad w fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
So far, so good. Hopefully I burned about 700 calories with a 75min workout, and got to loosen some of that cholesterol buildup in my arteries.
No comments:
Post a Comment